"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A week to go?!?

This will be a quick post...but I wanted to update everyone on the boys progress.

We'd mentioned previously that the boys needed to start feeding with the bottles in order to start thinking about going home.  Well...I don't know if it was prayers or what...but when I called the NICU this AM during a class break they told me that all three of them had taken their full feedings from 2am, 5am, and 8am feedings!!  Talk about a drastic change!!  When Autumn went back this evening they were just doing the feeding tube.  They don't want to overwhelm the boys too quickly.  But as a whole...it is very exciting to know they have started to figure it out!!

With that said...the crazy part is that for the first time, a doctor has mentioned the boys potentially going home.  It is all tentative...but if they continue to advance with their feedings they could be home in about a week!!  Wow...that's nuts!!

So...for those who live in the NOVA area...we are gonna start cashing in on the many, many offers for assistance soon.  If the best case scenerio works out...we'll need quite a bit of help the last week in January.  It just happens to be this gap where neither my parents nor Autumns parents are able to make it out here.  It's also my busiest week of the quarter for school...but I am almost caught up from last week and plan to work ahead this weekend with Gigi (Autumn's mom, Glenda) here.  But if you think you might want / be able to spare a few hours of the day here...let us know.  We'll be sure to put you to use holding / feeding babies and even changing a diaper or two...or three...or six!!  :-)

Anyways...that's our exciting news for the day.  Hope you are all doing well in your neck of the woods.

God Bless!!

J & A

P.S.  Sorry...no new pics tonight.  Autumn has the camera with her at Bethesda.  I will post some tomorrow night, hopefully, after I get to see the boys!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So excited to hear about the boys' progress! Really sorry that I'm not closer and able to help. I know that you and Autumn will be well cared for though.

Unknown said...

Jeff and Autumn, I am available the last week of January or anytime. As long as I can be connected to the internet from your house I am good with work. Just let me know.

Rebecca said...

Desperately wishing we were closer. I would love to help out and spend some time holding your babies! Enjoy parenthood, it just keeps getting better!